Saturday, May 3, 2014

Trends




I have often said that I am way behind with trends in paper crafting, but the trend for watercolor anything is one I have heartily embraced in a timely fashion. So what with Jennifer Maguire and Kristina Werner's "Watercoloring for Cardmaker's class starting Monday, I had to pull out my watercolors. I have had the one set from the time I was a kid and it is well loved! Can you guess which one?


This week's sketch challenge at Just Us Girls is being hosted by Cheryl.  I have been trying to create CAS cards for the sketch challenges, which mean minimal layers. This sketch worked perfect for the idea I had. 


I just took a flat brush and spread on overlapping stripes of watercolor and just stamped the "artiste" image over the paint. it was so much fun I had to make one in cooler blues and greens.


Remember, you don't always need lots of pattern papers and layers for sketches. Think outside the box and join us at Just Us Girls this week!


7 comments:

Marisa said...

Totally fun cards!! LOVE the water colouring and how you used the sketch!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I came over to check on you when I didn't see your card on the JUGS blog. Love the water color! Fun cards!

Barbara said...

Well, I can see that I am in the right place. I used my grandkids watercolors set. I just love your CAS card and the watercolors that you used here. Great job!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty! Love the watercoloring and your take on the sketch! I'm taking the watercolor class too! Can't wait for it to start!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Oh so trendy and fun! I love the watercolor stripes and I am loving this trend, too. Very cool use of that sketch.

Cheryl said...

Way to think outside the box, Sue! Love your CAS card!

Maria said...

lOVE IT! Love the watercolors!