Sunday, February 9, 2014

New stencil technique



Hello everyone! It has been awhile since I've posted a memory Box card. I am using some of the  new products Memory Box is offering for 2014. New dies, of which I did get a few, but Dave put out stencils for this year. You all know how hot they are right now. Usually I am a day late and a dollar short with stamping trends. Not so this year- embrace the new!

Of course I had to do everything short of cutting them apart (that will come, I am sure!!:)) I would like to think I came up with this technique, but I am sure someone else has tried it. I am surprised it wasn't featured during the Stencil class by Jennifer Maguire and Kristine Werner.

Here is what I did:
First I used markers and colored the Butterfly Vine stencil itself.

IMG_9244

Next I LIGHTLY spritzed it, really just a mist of water- no puddles or beads of water!!!
I gently placed it ink side down on my card stock and ran it through my Big Shot using the same platform combo I use for dies.

IMG_9249

When you remove the stencil the ink is embedded into the card stock, almost like a letterpress.

IMG_9255

I trimmed the piece and created the base card. I die cut the Oriel butterfly with MB gingham card stock and the Lunette butterfly with white card stock and colored it with markers and added a coating of  glitter and added it as an embellishment.

I was going to add a sentiment, but I just didn't want to interrupt the simple beauty of the card.
I have been trying to come up with a catchy name for this technique and haven't been able to- any ideas?
Let me know if you have a good name.

E60A6E5D6326626A19BE3D97B0F0C8BF

No comments: