Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Yay for the Red, White and Blue!!!



I just love the 4th of July, when  was a kid, I so wanted to have been born on the 4th of July (is you follow my blog you know that yesterday- the 2nd was my big day) that I told people that the 4th was y birthday! I wanted to be a fire cracker baby! Well, I may not have been born on the 4th, but ask most people and they would say I am a firecracker!

I used an oldie, but good stamp, It's a parade by Hero Arts and a brand new stamp- Lawn Fawn's Happy 4th. If you click on th picture, you will see all the fireworks are coated with glitter.

My patriotic card this year reminds me of when I was a kid and a whole group of us would to head to the hollow for the town fireworks. I am entering this in the CASology firework challenge.

Because so many challenges naturally are calling for a red, white and blue theme this week, I am also entering this at Craft your Passion, Paper Playtime ,Shopping our Stash and the Color Throw Down.

Wishing all of you a firecracker day!


12 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this little happy going to the parade kind of scene! That is what we do on the 4th usually, not always, but alot of the time!

Love this card, brings back great memories! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASology!

Ardyth said...

Love the marching parade - this is a really sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Stacey Schafer said...

what a great 4th of july card, Sue! so glad you joined us over at CTD!

Mynn xx said...

Sue, this is fabulous! LOVE the silhouette with the fireworks in the sky! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I love that little parade! And how fun is that memory from childhood? I can imagine having fireworks on your birthday would have been pretty cool ;) Love it!
Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Shopping our Stash this week :)

Maureen Merritt said...

I love the design! The marching children with fireworks behind are just perfect! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

lauren bergold said...

What a fabulous Fourth of July card! So bright & beautiful! Thanks for Shopping Your (patriotic!) Stash with us this week! :)

Claire Lawrence said...

very cute! thanks for sending:0)

Bonnie Irvine said...

This card is delightful. It reminds me of a much simpler time. Great combination of images and use of white space in your design. I like the sparkly fireworks. Thanks for joining us for our Red, White & Blue challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Judy1223 said...

Sue, what a delightful card, brings to mind my own family heading off to watch the fireworks! Love the silhouette images agains the fireworks...great CAS design! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Anonymous said...

Super one layer card.The combination of stamps works wonderfully together and such a great design.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Sue, on the well-deserved HM honor from CASology. It a nostalgic treat!!