Monday, June 10, 2013

Lucky Stars!


So I have a free day to play, a new class starts tomorrow so there isn't much to do but read. I love the challenges at Fusion- you can either pick the sketch or the photo inspiration or combine them. I have tried really hard to be a Fusion Master, but the closest I have come is honorable mention. 

But like they say about the lottery, you can't win if you don't play! So here is this weeks entry- it is a fusion card.
I haven't entered a challenge recently and was feeling a bit uncreative, but after many attempts and my work space getting smaller and smaller- I am sure you know all about that huh? I came up with this card.



I have been using the Watercolor wonder set from Papertrey Ink, that I borrowed from my girlfriend- she may not get it back! : ) The only thing about this card that is disappointing is the white inking. You can't really see it, except as the resist. This time I used Memories unicorn white, but I have tried about 4 others and none work well.

What white inks do you use that you like? I sure would like to hear.

Have you checked out my announcement yet? Check out either of these sites-House of Cards or my blog.

Well I better go clean up my workspace or i won't have any room to create!


6 comments:

~amy~ said...

okay, it is like you took a pic of my work space...or lack of space. I know when I need to stop and clean up when I just don't have the room to shove all the stuff away from me..LOL. I love how you were inspired by the Fusion Challenge. Your card is wonderful!

Stempelomi said...

great take on the fusion!And why you have take a picture from MY desk? *lol*

Anonymous said...

This is a cool card - I love how you used the Watercolor Wonder images, and I love the stars and sentiment. I don't use very much white ink, since I don't usually find white inks to be noticeable enough, so I usually will emboss if I want a nice, clear white appearance. Sorry I'm not much help with that! But thank you for joining us at Fusion this week. ;-)

Darnell said...

I really love your take on the Fusion challenge this week, Sue!

Bobby said...

I love the way you used the watercolor stamp. It looks like waves to me although I'm sure that's not what you intended. But that's a different idea on how to use them that I think I'll try.

Geri said...

Oh, I love what you've done here with the two-tone stroke images! Such a great design and card!!!